Monday, April 9, 2012

Signs of Spring



Well, hopefully you all have been paying attention lately and noticed that it’s no longer winter, but spring!  Spring is probably my favorite time of the year, because of all the flowers and new life, all the new beginnings, especially because I live near a small patch of woods where I get to see all the spring wildflowers.  One of the things I somehow forgot to mention in my Bio is that I love photography.  Since everything started turning green and growing and blooming and just generally looking pretty, I’ve been taking a lot of photos of spring.  Here are just a few.

You know it’s spring when…

…a pathway in the woods looks like the entrance to a magical kingdom


…the spring flowers start blooming

(Dutchmen’s Britches)



(Spring Beauties)


(Dog-toothed Violets, or Trout Lillies)



(Blue Bells, or Virginia Cowslips)


(Daffodils)


…the geese return


…the rain makes all the colors more vibrant (particularly green!)


…all the trees are blooming


…the squirrels play tag


…even the dandelions look pretty


…farmer’s start plowing their fields


…leaves start peeking out


…not even the rain can put a damper on things


…the bees are working busily


…and there are promises of blackberries come summer.


But that’s not the only reason I enjoy spring; it reminds me of our new life in Christ, how, when He comes into our lives, we become a new creation.  We go from being cold and frozen inside to being touched by the hand of God and blooming into a beautiful sign to the rest of the world of the existence of God.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!" 
--2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV1984)


     The Comma Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment